A commission is the best way to get a painting that will meet your needs. A story that resonates with you can be incorporated into the painting and specific colour, size, and feel can be accommodated (but must be in keeping with my style of work).
Painting costs are calculated taking into consideration a number of factors, including:
In order to complete a commission, the following steps need to be taken:
1. We discuss the details of the painting required, ie: size, concept and image specifics. You can visit my studio in Nelson or we can go over composition and other image details via email. Details of delivery date, costs etc, are also covered.
2. We decide on a reference (or more than 1) to use for the painting. A photoshoot is needed if the provided reference is too difficult/low quality to work from. If you want a specific location further abroad you may fly me to the location (same day return) to do a photoshoot of the location the you are interested in.
3. Design confirmed and a 30% deposit obtained. Feedback can be requested during the progress of the painting and changes can be made to suit.
4. Painting completed and the painting is then photographed. Either detailed photos are sent or you can visit my studio to view the painting.
5. Paintings packaged and couriered to you. Or I come and deliver the painting, depending on your location. Balance of payment is due and payable on delivery or before the painting is couriered to you. I have full insurance cover for courier delivery.
Be assured that this is not a scary process and the above steps are designed to manage expectations and avoid any unpleasant surprises. I have completed many commissions locally, nationally and for international clients. My waiting list is usually up to 3-6 months.
Please contact me directly to talk about commissioning an artwork.
Examples of commissioned work below.